Hurford Salvi Carr's Central London offices are located in four key locations covering the Clerkenwell & The City, Islington & Shoreditch, Aldgate and Docklands. We employ experienced sales consultants only, with a proven track record of helping buyers to find their perfect property.
Finding your perfect property
Many of our clients’ properties are sold through our Discreet Listings prior to appearing online, and so registering with one of our sales offices will always give you the best chance to know of future availability.
Most of our properties are advertised on our website a full 7 days before they appear anywhere else. To cover all bases, we’d also recommend that you regularly check or register on our website for instant property alerts.
Before you begin your property search, we recommend that you:
- Agree your Financing – Take expert mortgage advice to find out how much you are comfortable in borrowing. Even better – Get an Agreement in Principle (AIP)
- Establish your Criteria – Rank your criteria from ‘must haves’ down to ‘nice to have’ and clearly relay your ‘must haves’ to your sales consultant.
- Be Proceedable - To put you in the best position your ability to purchase should not be subject to any other matter or related sale that is yet to be agreed.
Be Available. Too many customers miss out on their perfect property because they wanted to wait until a Saturday or a more convenient time.
Give honest and constructive feedback on or after your viewing – it will help us to refine your criteria and better understand your preferences.
If you are making a special trip to London, please let us know and we will coordinate a package of viewings in order that the most effective use of your time can be made.
Making the offer
When you are ready to make any offer, contact your sales consultant and discuss the offer with them.
When detailing your offer, you will need to confirm your:
- If borrowing, we will need the details of your mortgage broker and proof of an AIP
- If you are a cash purchaser, we will need to see copies of your bank statements or confirmation from a certified accountant of your funds.
- The source of your funds needs to be stated
- Solicitors Details (See Top Tips)
- Preferred Completion Date
- Purchasing Position
- Is your purchase unencumbered? Or dependant on another sale?
- Offers will not be accepted if your purchase is dependent on the sale of another property that is not yet agreed.
Consider witing a short bio of who you are, why you like the property and your reasons for moving. This information and anything else that may help support your offer will often appeal to the seller and may even result your offer being preferred above another.
Do not choose a solicitor based on price! We see too many sales fall through because a buyer or seller has chosen the most ‘cost effective’ solicitor. Choose a solicitor based on reputation or recommendation. If in doubt, please ask us – we recommend on experience – we do not take referral fees.
Cash is not always king. Being a cash or mostly cash purchaser will not secure you a better price for the property. It is however likely to make your offer more attractive to the seller in a competitive or 'best bids' situatiuon
Regulated & Protected
Hurford Salvi Carr are members of the National Association of Residential Agents NAEA, who are recognised by the government, consumer groups and the media as the leading professional body in the real estate sector.
We are founder members of The Property Ombudsman (TPO), a government-approved scheme to provide independent redress in relation to disputes between consumers and property agents.